- If you find yourself having trouble sleeping, frequently snore, or often wake with an aching head or jaw, you may suffer from bruxism and could benefit from an occlusal guard. Occlusal guards, also known as night guards, protect teeth from grinding and clenching your jaw while sleeping.
- Clear Aligner Therapy, or clear braces, commonly recognized by brand names Invisalign and ClearCorrect, may also improve your sleep quality. Studies have shown a correlation between ideal skeletal formation, unobstructed airway, straight teeth, and healthier sleeping and living.
- If you find yourself waking up because your mouth is dry and uncomfortable, we recommend treating your dry mouth with XyliMelts, PerioSciences AO Gel, and an alcohol-free mouth rinse like CTx3 or PerioSciences Hydrating Rinse.
- Xylimelts are oral adhering discs, which treat dry mouth day and night by sticking to the gums and teeth and slowly releasing xylitol and cellulose gum, which stimulates saliva production and coats the mouth with a healthy, adherent gel, providing lasting relief and reduction of tooth decay.
- PerioSciences AO Gel moisturizes soft tissues while infusing your mouth with antioxidants, known to support saliva production. When applied to gums prior to sleep, patients report feeling more rested.
- CTx3 Rinse and PerioSciences Rinse are free from the drying effects of alcohol which may be contributing to dry mouth. Switching to an alcohol-free mouth rinse is a simple change in your dental regimen that should have a big impact. It would be our pleasure to develop a personalized home regimen to alleviate your dry mouth and help you reach whatever other dental goals you may have. Simply stop in when you’re ready to wake more rested.
Call Regarding Dentistry at 952.213.3477 to learn more about how optimal oral health may improve your sleep quality.