Orthodontic braces were created in 1819 by Christophe-Francois Delabarre. Since their origin, braces have radically evolved into the modern metal brackets that come to mind when we think of traditional braces today.
Regarding Dentistry offers the next step in braces evolution. This orthodontic treatment option is called Clear Aligner Therapy, often known to patients by brand names like Invisalign, ClearCorrect, and SureSmile. Guests who suffer from crowded teeth, over and under bites, or irregular spacing are candidates to complete orthodontic treatment discreetly. The transformation works by wearing custom-fit, laser-trimmed trays which shift the teeth gradually over time.
The aligners are comfortable and nearly invisible. Additionally, clear aligner therapy is typically faster than traditional braces with treatment frequently completed within mere months. Achieving straight teeth is attainable at nearly any age, even later in life.
Clear Aligner Benefits Over Traditional Braces:
- Clear aligners are virtually invisible. No metal brackets and wires!
- Fewer food restrictions: chewing gum and sweet corn will no longer be foods to avoid.
- Easier to keep teeth clean resulting in a lower risk of cavities throughout treatment.
- Gentle on the tongue, cheeks, and soft tissues.
- No need to miss your mid-afternoon Mocha. Drink in 10-15 minutes, brush and rinse with water, and continue wearing aligners.